Nate and I are happy to announce that we are expecting our first baby!
This Thanksgiving was extra special. While everyone was eating a yummy dinner, I snuck away to take my first pregnancy test...Positive!! It was a little fun to be carrying around such a special secret for a few hours.
After taking my second test and most of the dinner guests had left for the night, I sat my hubby down to tell him the good news!! We were so excited that I think we were afraid to believe it was true. So, I took one more test the next morning (just to be sure:) and received one more positive!
My belly is 12 weeks and growing and baby Pratt is healthy with a heartbeat of 165. Baby was dancing for the camera and giving us a show. Already a ham! :)
The last month has been difficult but everyone keeps telling me that the sicker I am, the healthier the baby is. I suppose that means it will be worth it. My husband has been amazing though. Among other things, he makes me breakfast in bed, holds my hair back while I'm hanging out over the toilet and keeps me hydrated. I couldn't do this without him.
This little one is due July 20, 2012. That's one day after our 4 year anniversary and 9 days before Nate's birthday. July is going to be one crazy-amazing month!
We truly couldn't be more excited. I've wanted to be a mommy all my life and I can hardly believe it's happening. Nate is going to be such a wonderful dad and I can't wait to see him holding out precious little gift! I'm so excited!!!!

Yay Yay Yay!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!
and excited to see you have a blog- I had no idea!
What an awesome story! And what an awesome gift! Congratulations to you both.
ReplyDeleteTonya (Johnson) Williams
I am so excited for you both! And happy that you are blogging:) I love it! Baby Pratt is going to be gorgeous, just like you, in spirit, heart, and those dashing good looks!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so so excited for you guys. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Nina and Nate!!! Parenthood is a roller coaster ride. Hang on tight it goes OH SO FAST! Praying for an easy 9 months!
ReplyDeleteLove to All!
Abby Grace Kiser's Nana
CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you, nothing like it!
ReplyDelete